Friday, January 28, 2011

some disordered interior geometries.

I've been really fascinated with Francesca Woodman recently. The photograph with bark around her arms that are swaying at the same angle as the trees was one of the very first I saw when beginning my photography education at university, and I've never forgotten it, though I couldn't remember her name until I came across her book in the art library.

She was born into a family of artists, spent all of her childhood summers in a farmhouse in Italy, and killed herself by jumping out of the window of her New York apartment when she was only 22, shortly after her book came out.

I wish I could see what beautiful art she would surely have created throughout her life.











1 comment:

Jennifer said...

these are really great. it takes talent to be able to do stuff like that with (what i assume is) film. crazy...and sad.