Thursday, February 03, 2011

Food.

Let's talk about food for a second. I love it.

Luckily, the husbeard and I live pretty close to a store that has amazingly affordable healthy foods, even on our newlywed, college budget. We're talking full pints of super plump blueberries for $1.77, $0.33 grapefruits, $0.50 avocados affordable! (For this week anyway, the deals vary) Thanks to this, we're trying to fill our diets with as much fresh produce, whole grains, and occasionally fish as possible.




I've been interested in healthy habits since my junior year of high school when I first became pescetarian. Since then, it has just become more and more important all the time to me to try to cook my own healthy meals and give my body all the good nutrients it needs. This is not to say, of course, that I'm perfect at this all the time, because I'm certainly not! My mom buys me a Ben and Jerry's every weekend when I go to visit! But with knowledge and appreciation of food, I've developed a relationship with it where nothing is "bad" as long as I treat it as it should be treated and I deeply enjoy really GOOD, delicious food.

I'm not sure how all of that came to be typed out when I was merely going to tell you that I've been seriously wanting to try this pasta and broccoli recipe for over a month because it seems like such a yummy comfort food and comes from someone living in Italy, and that I'm really excited to make vegetarian tortilla soup with my bestie J tonight!


*

1 comment:

Mary said...

mmm, that pasta dish looks good. The granola does too for that matter.

I am a food person also. I love food because God gives it to us to live. I love the chemistry and how it all works in our body. AND that it proves once again what an awesome and amazing God we have - that He is so brilliant that He thinks of so many details.