Tuesday, September 30, 2008

what i believe

So I'm kind of starting to think... that I've never told some of you, some of the people I love with all my heart, what I believe. And I'm really regretting it. What I believe makes me what I am, and it means everything to me, which really leaves no excuse for not sharing it with you. I hope that you've been able to see it or feel it through my love for you, but I'm brokenhearted that sometimes I may not have been the greatest example of my faith. This is a song that we sang tonight at utenited (a Christian worship service at college that I absolutely love going to). It is a powerful summary of what I believe:

Fire Fall Down by Hillsong

You bought my life with the
Blood that You shed on the cross
When You died for the sins of men
And You let out a cry
Crucified now alive in me

These hands are Yours
Teach them to serve as You please
And I'll reach out desperate to see
All the greatness of God
May my soul rest assured in You

I'll never be the same
No I'll never be the same

Cause I know that You're alive
You came to fix my broken life
And I'll sing to glorify
Your Holy Name
Jesus Christ

You changed it all
You broke down the wall
When I spoke and confessed
In You I'm blessed
Now I walk in the light
In victorious sight of You

Your fire fall down
Fall down
On us we pray
As we seek You

Show me Your heart
Show me Your way
Show me Your glory

That's basically it. I'm a sinner, a horrible, unworthy person that should die for the things I've done. Lucky for me, God loves me so unimaginably much that He sent His son, Jesus, to die for those sins, so that I don't have to. I don't understand how He can possibly love someone so unclean and unworthy as me, but He just does. He loves you that much too.

All My Love,
Morgan

2 comments:

Michaelface said...

Morgan, you are one of the best examples I have in my life. You are probably the nicest and most sincere person I've ever met. Thanks for everything :)

Grace Persson said...

Boldness is such a wonderful gift from the Lord that He has given you.