I don't know if everyone knows or not... my schedule isn't all that Chemistry and stuff anymore. I panicked within the first two days, and realized I was tired of the intensive math and science after doing so much of it in high school. So my new schedule is:
Honors Writing- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:40 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.
Honors IT (Intellectual Traditions)- Tuesday, Thursday 10:45 A.M. to 12:05 P.M.
First Year 2D Art- Monday, Wednesday 3:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M.
First Year 3D Art- Tuesday, Thursday 3:45 P.M. to 6:30 P.M.
So yeah... lots of art every week. No photography classes yet, but it's ok, I'm learning a lot about drawing and composition and stuff, which is nice. I'm sure it'll help me be a better photographer anyway. And I'm loving some of the reading in my Honors classes. A lot of controversial topics are being brought up, and it really makes me think.
We read an essay called "What Should A Billionaire Give-- and What Should You?" It listed the goals of the UN: cutting the number of people in extreme poverty in half, cutting the number of people who suffer from hunger in half, ensuring that all children can take a full course of primary schooling, ending sex disparity in education, cutting the mortality rate of children under five down by two thirds, reducing the maternal mortality rate by three fourths, halting and beginning to reverse the spread of AIDS, cutting the number of people without access to clean drinking water in half, all by 2015. Unfortunately, the financial goals to make this happen aren't being met. After extensive research, the author states that if everyone in the world were to actually contribute their fair share (fair being relative to how much they make versus how many expenses they have), that not only could all of these goals be met, but that things like hunger could be abolished completely! I mean seriously, why is this not happening?! We talked about it a lot.
Also, we read another essay about how corrupt the US government is. They've been feeding the public stories that aren't true about Iraq, to build up support of the troops and hatred of the Iraqi people, all the while committing acts that international military law have deemed "treacherous." It's horribly immoral, and terrifying that they're doing so. Also, oddly like 1984, getting the public to believe lies through the media. I mean, if other countries don't think that the US has any respect for international morals and agreements, what's to stop them from dropping their nuclear bombs on us or something?
Anyway, sorry this is so long. I've just been thinking a lot about these issues.
All My Love
5 comments:
YAY 2-D art! I'm in that class too. I basically love it. I'm glad you decided to go with the art
i think that essay sounds nice morgan dear... and you are an artist at heart! you will go far in whatever you do.
thanks for the tlc on friday night. you are amazing.
you definately need to get into a Photography class.. not to learn, but to show off your skillzzz...
that's all.
Vic
Yeah, the government is pretty messed up, eh? I'm glad someone else realizes this now, instead of "I don't understand why everyone hates the government so much!"
tsk, tsk people.
3D, eh? Are you working with Maya?
Love,
Berto
No, i did a wire collage for 3D and am currently working on a composition of three shapes that I designed the layouts for in illustrator
Post a Comment