Friday, May 06, 2011

Expecting.

A few of you have been waiting to hear what my nervousness was about. I hope it is as exciting as I made it seem.

Here is what happened. Last week, I got a message from a woman I know saying that she needed my help with a special announcement. I assumed right away that she was pregnant for the first time (she and her husband have been married for over four years now). Not only that, but they are leaving for Bolivia to live and do mission work this weekend! When I returned her call, I found that she hadn't told her husband yet; she hadn't told anyone yet.

So. We hatched an elaborate plan to tell him that she wanted portraits of them together to give to their family before they left. We planned for him to find out about the pregnancy in the middle of the photo shoot, so that I could catch the reaction. I made a banner that said "EXPECTING" which I told them said "WE LOVE YOU" when I was getting it out.

I was so nervous, you see, because I so wanted to act out my part perfectly so that he would find out at the right time, and I really wanted to be able to catch his unique and beautiful reaction in the moment he discovered that he and his wife were having a child.

Here are the results:

























Aren't they the sweetest? I love his teary eyes and the little boy and girl elephants she got at World Market.

Good nervousness for a great surprise.

<3

4 comments:

Grandma Gigi said...

What a great idea!! And so much fun!! And the pictures are perfect to catch the moment!!
Chris

Holly Kathrine said...

This was just beautiful! :)

Randi Lynn Rasmussen said...

That is amazing. :) Love it.

Shelby Kendall M. said...

Morgan, this seriously made me cry. I can just imagine the incredible emotion during this shoot. What a sweet idea. Your pictures are wonderful too :)