Monday, May 16, 2011

Cookies.

My bestie, J, and I baked some delicious cookies last week.



I found the recipe here via foodgawker, which you simply must check out if you haven't before. The only changes we made were using whole grain flour and we didn't have parchment paper, so we used tin foil and had to increase the cooking time by a couple of minutes. They were so tasty for a beginning-of-summer day.

The rest of the weekend was incredibly busy and fun. I got to watch my brother's team win at the state soccer championship for the first time in my old high school's history (By the way, as many who read this probably know, my brother is actually a basketball star and already won the state championship in that this year. He kind of just woke up and decided he wanted to play soccer his senior year and then this happened. Kind of ridiculous really.)



*

As is tradition in our little town, the team rode the fire truck down main street and there was a pizza party afterward at the school. Later that evening I FINALLY got to meet the lovely Megan of Easy Dreamer Photography. We're kindred spirits really.

Sunday, the husbeard and I played music for a nearby church, went out with friends for some delicious brick oven pizza and ice cream, took our labs on a gorgeous hike, went to a 50th birthday party, and spent time sorting through old memories and watching a favorite show with my mom.

Basically we didn't stop moving all weekend, but it was so worthwhile the entire time.

1 comment:

Us: said...

Sounds like a perfectly wonderful weekend :) those cookies make me hungry!