Monday, December 25, 2006

all i want for Christmas...

Do you ever feel like you are losing a part of you that you kind of liked a lot? Like the exciting feeling that you used to get a couple weeks before Christmas. Where does that go? Or maybe crying during a certain song or movie. It kind of makes me wonder if I'm getting used to these things or if, somehow, i'm just losing those parts of me, my ability to care about them. I don't want those things to go away. Sometimes it's fun to look into the future and think about all the amazing things I could do, but then it's super scary because I don't want to grow up and go out by myself, or lose anything else that I think makes up who I am.
On the bright side, this Christmas has been amazing. I've never been so happy for a break off of school. This year there just isn't enough time to be with my very best friends, to spend time with myself doing what i love, or even just to breathe. But this week will be lived to the fullest, I promise that. I can't let this free time be wasted.
A fun little side note... we got a black lab puppy for Christmas. Her name is Kiera, which is Gaelic for "dark." She is so so cute, but she is crazy! My other two pets are not very happy to have her around, at all. They are both little and mature, and she is big and loves to play. What i've learned about her so far: she'll go after anything moving fast, besides cars...she's scared of them. She loves pig ears, so much that she can't wait to get to the rest of it, so she leaves little pieces that she chews off all over the floor. My other dog cleans those up for her. Just lay her down on the love sac and she'll be asleep within about two seconds.
Anyway, everyone reading this is hanging out with me this week. Let's not waste this sweet, beautiful time.

Love, Morgan Lea

No comments: