Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A Perfect Place

So I remember this one picture I drew when I was younger, like in 6th grade or something. I saw the original in a book and had to draw myself a picture as much like it as I could. It was probably nothing special to most people who saw it. It had a little house with a porch going all the way around and a cool roof that extended over the sides. There were lots of little gardens, some with neat rows and others crazy with plants. There were trees with wonderful twisting branches that had little blossoms coming from them. A forest lined the background and curling clouds graced the sky. Birds and a couple other animals made their way randomly about the area. I don't know what it was about this scene, but I used to picture myself there. I'd see me walk out of the house onto the big porch and down through the gardens. At that time, it seemed like a perfect place.
It makes me wonder what my perfect place would be now. Somewhere by the ocean for sure. Yeah, it would be someplace right next to the ocean that had some tropical forests and regular forests and mountains... a big combination of many different worlds, but mostly ocean. There would be no evil there, every person would be unique and intriguing. They'd all affect my life in different ways, and I'd get to know the beauty in each of them. I would be able to learn without pressure. Not through homework or tests but by being hands on and following topics that interest me, discussing my findings or with those around me. A lot of time would be spent in music and photography and painting. In fact, everyone would create beautiful things in this beautiful place. We'd share some things with each other, and keep what we needed to ourselves. Everyone would have a deep respect for their surroundings, keeping everything pure and beautiful. I'd lay on the beach and watch the sun go down, revealing twinkling stars, which are really just holes poked in the black paper sky, allowing us to see the light from heaven (a fun thought, even if it's not true), and serenade myself to sleep with a guitar.
I started writing this to share what my perfect place would be, but I feel like I've failed. This description does no justice to the picture and feeling in my mind and heart. I guess some things just can't truly be described, at least not on the first try.

Love, Morgan

No comments: