Friday, March 05, 2010

My bedspread.





So I bought this duvet cover from Pottery Barn when I very first moved into the dorms, and I love it! It's got all these sweet, colorful tree, flowers, and grasses. What I totally forgot about until Wednesday morning when I was skipping Spanish to sleep and read in bed, is that it has random little words all over it too. The following are a collection of them:

Honeybee
Desert Mirage
Orange
Enlightenment
May Moon
Forsythe
Siesta Key
Bleu du Midi
Luscious Lips
Calypso
Jade
Berrylicious
Pumpkin
Tiger Lily
Gloria
Tickle
Dutch
Maple
Blossom
Melon Agradable
Colorado Dawn
Berry Splash
Moss
taking
Bleu Rococo
Weathered
Tender

and more that I'm not sure of and still haven't discovered. They run from cheesy, to sweet, to confusing, to magical. Anyway. Just thought you might enjoy these little treasures as much as I do.

Love.

5 comments:

Us: said...

It's beautiful! And I love the words, that add a whole 'nother dimension!

Roberto Lerma said...

Don't forget "186-2" and "IN 5"

:P

Love,
Berto

Jennifer said...

dear morgan: i've always meant to talk to you about this. your blog has this weird header thing at the top where the html didn't translate correctly so there's all this gibberish in an orange box. it's very distracting. so yeah. new template? also, i love you :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Morgan,

I just bought this same bedding set from PB and was similarly intrigued by the words and numbers strewn across the pattern. By coincidence, I have also been repainting several furniture pieces, thus looking at a lot of paint swatches. I put 2 & 2 together and realized that the words and numbers are paint colors (examples: Bleu du Midi is the French name for Siesta Key, a color from paint company CIL; Luscious Lips is from Olympic; Enlightenment 3003-2C is from Valspar). I now think that the print is based on a paper collage created out of paint swatches. Very unusual and cool, I think. I don't understand why PB doesn't touch on any of this in the product description.

Amy

Morgan said...

Amy,

I just barely found your comment while browsing back through my blog. That is amazing that you found all of that out!! Way to go :) How interesting, and yes, you'd think they'd include something so unique in the description. Maybe they thought it would be fun for people to solve the mystery themselves, but honestly I would have never, ever gotten it without you.