Sunday, April 04, 2010

Here's to loving ourselves.

I stumbled across a neat little website today:

loveyourflawz.com

A while ago, Grant told me that one of the things he really loved about me when we first started dating was that when I'd finished getting ready to go somewhere with him, I would look in the mirror, analyze for a few seconds and then state, "Man, I'm cute!" He mentioned that I don't really do that too much anymore, and you know what? He was right. Recently though, I've really been getting a lot of that confidence back. I've kind of reversed my thinking, you see. Before, I always thought of it like... once my skin clears up or I lose 10 pounds, I'll be happy with myself. Guess what though? Doing it that way is kind of hard. Instead, I've been thinking about things I really like about myself (hot legs... right friends? haha) (also, my hair is awesome) (my triceps are still pretty defined from basketball days!) Once I start seeing myself as valuable, it leads to really wanting to take care of myself and do healthy things that feel really great. Much easier that way. Easier to stay motivated, dedicated, excited. Sorry if it all sounds cliche, but it really is something I've been constantly figuring out about myself, so I thought I'd share.


















"Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness. What ails us is that our sense of beauty is so bruised and blunted, we miss all the best." -D. H. Lawrence

All photos are from loveyourflawz.com

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

so important. and here's to me loving you!

Roberto Lerma said...

Very true. I never really thought about losing weight, but as soon as I started being happier with myself and my life, I just started losing weight from being more outgoing. It's really the way to go. You shouldn't want to change yourself out of pity, but out of love.

Love,
Berto

Nat said...

honestly,
this website is so uplifting.
i was told about it a few months ago and it got me through a tough time..
we all have our shit to go through, and its best to let it all out...
and embrace our trials.