Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Design addiction and two dresses.

Thanks to planning a wedding and buying a condo (and maybe having too much free time? nah...), I have become a design nut. It's getting serious. I have so many ideas that my head might explode and my condo could end up looking like a disaster area. I'm going to have to work on reining myself in before I even get started. And I was going to share with you some of the websites that have been my inspiration, but on second thought... maybe I'll wait until after the condo is somewhat decorated and after the wedding so that you can all be surprised. Don't worry, it's only like six months away, which kind of blows my mind because like yesterday it was a whole year away, if you know what I mean.

Also, Randi demanded the multiple dress story, so here it goes.

Basically I went to try on dresses and fell in love with two. I ended up just choosing one, and the reason I chose it was because 1. it was gorgeous, and 2. it felt more like a wedding dress than the other one. I didn't buy it that very day because I cannot make impulsive decisions when they are that big of a deal. I waited a month, and then went back to buy it... the whole time having been looking at other dresses online that were just like the one I hadn't chosen, and kind of loving them. When I walked in the story, I had a kind of internal panic attack, and had to try on both dresses again. You see, while the one I originally chose felt more like a wedding dress, the second one was more like what I had always pictured myself wearing in my head.

The lovely dress consultant women came up with a brilliant plan. They told me they had a dress exactly like the first one I chose that was extremely discounted because it was "damaged" although they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Also, they didn't know what size it was. I decided to try it on and... it fit perfectly and we looked it all over and couldn't find a single flaw. So. I decided to get both, one for the ceremony, and the more casual one to dance in at the reception. And it turned out when we took them up to the counter, the "damaged" one rung up at an even lower price than we thought, and the other one was also on sale, so overall I ended up getting both for the same price as I was originally going to pay for just the one. Lovely, right? And the second one can be altered a little afterwards and be worn for formal occasions in the future. And no more panic attacks, doubts, or longing. Woo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do we get pictures??

Morgan said...

haha, not on my blog! too public! what if Grant sees?! but I could probably message them to you :)