So I've kind of realized that people really don't get each other. I guess that's obvious knowledge, but I've never really thought about it. The first instinct of humans is to think of themselves, unless they've thoroughly trained themselves otherwise. I don't want it to sound like I'm condemning any specific person for being selfish, I've just kind of discovered that it works that way most of the time. This is very unfortunate, because the world is truly messed up, and the majority, if not all people, have things going on in their lives that are really hard to handle. I was told recently that the reason I was being treated so awfully by another person was because they had some huge thing going on in their life that was incredibly hard. This kind of made me upset, because I have some huge, extremely hard things going on in my life too, and I didn't see how this gave the other person the right to be so mean. Basically this just goes back to the beginning of this blog, people really don't know what kind of things are going on in other people's lives, or what makes everyone who they are, so they really don't have a right to treat other people badly because they are upset. So basically, I've just paid attention to how I act when I'm upset recently, and tried to make sure that I don't give up on stuff and treat anyone or anything badly, because it is not fair.
On another note, I feel kind of detached from everything... like the things I want are impossible, and like nothing is really what i thought it was. I really can't explain it, but I don't like it at all. I wish I could just express my thoughts and feelings effectively and for things to be what I know they're supposed to be. I'm sorry about all of the complaining... my heart just kind of hurts.
1 comment:
Morgan, I'm so glad you get that. I know exactly what you're talking about, and it's good for you to start thinking in a different way. A lot of our friends do this unfortunately, which kind of has to do with my separation from the group. Everyone else can blame it on Maddy or something, but it's just me. Anyway...you're amazing :)
Love,
Berto
Post a Comment