I turned seventeen on the seventeenth, and I can honestly say that although I hate the thought of growing up, I've been waiting for that day for my entire life. Seventeen has always been my favorite number, and I've always known that there would be some sort of magic in this year.
So I was on a cruise for the two weeks surrounding my birthday, which was absolutely amazing, but the day of was insanely fabulous. I swam with dolphins, something I've wished for forever, I could barely hold back tears. I want to work at that place so badly, and be able to swim with them everyday. I somehow felt so complete with the cool water washing over me, sliding my hands along the dolphin's strong beautiful body. She gave me a kiss on the cheek and pulled me through the water when I held on to her fin. She sang, splashed, wave, and spun in circles, and when I whispered her name very close to her head, she made noises back to me, ones that she normally only made out of affection for her trainer or fellow dolphins. It made my skin tingle and my heart beat faster. I fell in love.
No comments:
Post a Comment