This past weekend made me so so so happy. It's been a while since I've been able to just relax and hang out with a ton of friends, no worries.
Friday night we all went to Enano's house to watch the Jazz game. I got there way before everyone else, including Enano since the choir bus was late, but I just went in to hang out with his parents, because I love them. Everyone else eventually showed up and loaded up on all the food that Mary had spread over the counter, then went down to watch the game. It turned out pretty lame, because the Jazz pretty much got killed, but at least there was a nice massage session going on, courtesy of Tyler. Most of the girls got in on that. We got bored of the game after a bit, and migrated to the backyard to play with Enano's dogs and such. Jeb helped me make a beautiful dandelion and lilac wreath for my hair :). Then we got word of something amazing down the street, and found that Bridget, Joy, Krystal, and Mike had all drawn a huge peace sign in chalk and filled it with all sorts of wonderful pictures and world-friendly messages. They asked me if I approved and if they had graduated from hippie school. I told them that I was very proud, but they still eat meat... Probably the best part was doing crazy dances around the peace sign as a big group. We all held hands and swayed, then ran to the middle making crazy noises, then skipped around it, and much more. Neighbors watched from their lawns, and people in cars stared as they drove by. It was fantastic. Then a lot of people went home, and Jeb, Britta, Enano, and I hung out on his deck and did many things, like beat box and play the Ha Ha Game. So much fun.
Saturday I had to ref a game, but then I went back to Enano's house and we tried many different routes to get to his "place" to get inspiration for our song. First we scaled rocks and dirt hills, then realized there was a deep, fast, cold irrigation thing to cross, so we gave up that way and drove to the other side. Then we climbed a metal fence, ran under field sprinklers, crossed the field, climbed another fence, crossed another field, went over a barbed wire fence, ran under more field sprinklers, went through a barbed wire fence, and walked through mud. Finally we got there, and it was so worth it. It was beautiful, like a little piece of magic in the middle of a busy world. If you looked outside of the trees, you saw the houses and everything, but inside them, it was a different world, all its own, with green plants, trees, and a little stream. Finally, after enjoying it for a while, we went back, picked up Jeb and went to my place. We worked on our song there, which was super fun. Jeb documented Enano and I with her camera. Then we all went to have a sandwich dinner at Enano's house. Britta joined us. After that, we were going to go to the hot pots, but Jake didn't want to wear clothes, so we took Bridget and Joy and all of us went up to my grandparents' place to hot tub. Before we left to go thought, Jeb's car wouldn't start, so we had to jump it! I'm so proud of us. It was probably a hilarious sight for anyone driving by... the one guy in our group was leaning up the cars while all the girls but one had car stuff in their hands and were hooking things, folding things, starting things, etc. Anyway, it was nice having the hot tub all to ourselves, until Enano burned his arm on the sauna stove. We went back to his house and I played doctor and bandaged his arm up with an aloe leaf, gauze, and paper tape. Then Britta, Jeb, Enano, and I went to his deck again. Britta, Jeb, and I made wishes for each other, and then all four of us faced the sky the same way, with our four heads on two pillows and blankets covering us. We talked a little and laughed a lot, and the best inside joke ever was born. "Keep it under the kilt, but someone told me to watch out for the black guy!" So no one stumbling upon this blog gets offended, this joke had to do with basketball, in a way.
It was such a fabulous weekend!
Loves
2 comments:
hahaha oh man, this was such a crazy weekend! my absolute favorite was the four of us on his deck, looking at the stars/playing haha/beatboxing/taking pictures/playing telephone. :D we need lots more of this.
i insist you blog again before you leave tomorrow! lol and it better be long...
Post a Comment