Sunday, December 05, 2010

Our closeness is this.

I never showed the blog world these photos after I took them. They were shot with my Holga on a road trip with my best friend to Oregon. To be honest, there are days when I am just too tired to give of myself. But many days, I long for connection with those around me. Because truly, were we not created for the purpose of relationships? And in looking into the hearts of others, don't we draw closer to an understanding of ourselves?

And so I took portraits of interesting strangers, giving myself an excuse to meet them and talk with them when I wouldn't have otherwise. And look who I met along the way. An extremely cheerful small shop owner. An elegant woman treating herself to a coffee and something sweet. A collector gathering smooth stones on the beach. A wanderer and his dog. An artist practicing graffiti on a public art piece. An old lighthouse tourguide. A young father with a baby named Ocean.













2 comments:

Britta Nystul said...

These are awesome Morgan. I don't even know these people, but I feel like you captured them.

Grace Persson said...

Morgan, these give me a whole new perspective of you as a photographer.... These are definitely some of the best ones I've seen you do compositionally and authentically. You've really been growing as a photographer. Thanks for sharing!