Sunday: I go to church in the morning. I have a hard time getting up early enough to be early and practice music, but I've been much more successful with that the past few weeks. I play keyboard and sing which I absolutely love :) After church I ALWAYS read the funnies and postsecrets. And then I am either doing homework or being lazy, either way putting off doing laundry and getting stuff together to go back to school until very late at night.
Monday: I drive to school in the morning, and until this past week, go straight to yoga. I've absolutely loved having this as a regular part of my week :) I then have a mere 15 minutes (often less) to change and run over to my next class, usually with stuff in my hands. That one is study of race in South Africa and Australia, which can be so saddening at times. And then to painting for 3 hours, which I quite enjoy most of the time. Mondays are also spaghetti madness (for those who have seen Hancock) and Heroes night with Grant's siblings. So fun!
Tuesday: I make coffee in my coffee maker every morning. Mmmmmm. Sometimes tea. I go to Intellectual Traditions first on Tuesday, with my incredibly intelligent professor Brian. He doesn't look the part... so much for stereotypes; he has really long wavy hair and wears shorts all winter long with knee high socks and vans and cut off shirts and metal chain bracelets and necklaces and stuff. He's amazing. We've read a lot of brilliant stuff on art. Then I go to 3D. Story time! I'm always carrying loads of stuff for art from upper campus to lower campus. One afternoon it's snowing badly and I have 2 massive boards. A very, very nice Scottish English fellow turned in completely the opposite direction he was going to walk me back down holding his umbrella over my head. Chivalry makes me happy. Also Utenited makes me happy! I go every Tuesday. It's a fabulous non-demoninational worship service at the University.
Wednesday: Same as Monday, but yoga is over now. Worst decision ever this week. I was carrying a roughly 4ft x 4ft board to paint on and decided to go ahead and walk instead of take a shuttle. Turns out it was windy. Really, REALLY windy. And with so much surface area for the wind, the entire time I was either trying to keep from being blown over or trying to keep the board from whipping up into my face or out of my hands altogether into cars or something. I often had to stop and brace myself against fences or walls or trees or anything. I was wearing a skirt that just kept blowing everywhere. And people just kept walking by and laughing at me rather than helping. I was quite upset that day.
Thursday: Same as Tuesday. Here's a project I just completed in 3D. It's an abstract sculpture of my camera. The picture represents the negative and the cylinder the lens. It is meant to be displayed with the lens a ways away from the body with a light set up to shine through the lens and hit the "negative." I had to cut out 20 half circles, glue them into 10 circles and sand them, then glue those together and sand it down for the cylinder. I'm pretty happy with it :) Thursdays are also days that dorm buddies tend to want to play. We go to the Coffee Break at late hours or will go to ha-pi hour sushi.




Friday: I only have study of race this day. It makes it hard to go when it's only one class and isn't even an hour long. Sometimes there are intellectual traditions lectures in the art museum, but not often. I go home these nights too, and try to get homework done and play with my family.
Saturday: Saturdays are random. I play with my family, play with Grant's family, do homework, and sometimes I'm just lazy. There can be all sorts of other activities these days too, but what I listed is the average.
Sorry it's so long, but there is a glance of my week. There is always homework, art, and various adventures mixed in, but you get the idea. Anyway, enjoy. I love you all <3
3 comments:
That sounds like a lot of fun.
My day is the same everyday. Haha... sleep... eat... school... repeat
HAAHAHHAA!!! I like this Brian guy!
Long wavy hair eh? Vans? Yep. Stereotypes are basically useless :)
Love,
Berto
Post a Comment