Friday, November 07, 2008

Utah vs. TCU

So I'm not really into football... unless something excited is going on I guess. So last night all I could think about while the score stayed the same and we were losing for the entire game was how insanely cold I still was under the four layers of clothing I had on, and how I couldn't feel my feet, hands, or face. The last quarter was worth it though :) and I pretty much forgot about being so cold.

First, the crazy lady. Apparently there's this little lady with cute gray hair that comes to all the games and is known as the crazy lady. She gets up by the band and dances like crazy when they play. Last night, the whole student section started cheering "cra-zy la-dy, bum bum bum bum bum, cra-zy la-dy" and she went... crazy! She loved it :) It was so funny.

Next were the snowballs. Someone high in the stands threw a couple snowballs, and the security people were starting to get perturbed. And then the person threw one that accidentally hit one of them in the leg. They were pretty upset and spent the entire rest of the game staring up in the general area of the person, waiting to catch them if they threw another. So I spent a lot of time staring at the security people to see if there were moments when they'd all look away. There were, but no more snowballs till the very end.

Last, under a minute left in the game. Keep in mind the score has been 6-10 the entire game and we've been losing. We score a touchdown! Everyone is jumping all over each other and hugging each other :) Then we hold them and the game ends. This is where I almost get trampled. If I hadn't worked so hard to keep my feet under me, that would have been it. And I was being pushed toward the field. A gate on top of a cement wall a few feet above the field that is... So I try to jump off like everyone else and people keep pushing. I thought I was going to go over face first! But finally I jump with Don there to kind of catch me and we ran to the center of the field and all jumped around and screamed. I guess because we are undefeated and now we are going to some conference thing? So anyway, that was the seriously cold, but really fun football game. And then we went to sushi :)

2 comments:

Victor said...

that sounds like a good time :) haha. I literally laughed out loud at the cra-zy la-dy part.. haha. I can kinda see that happening
-vic

Roberto Lerma said...

I heard about this before I read this blog, but it's still interesting. I wish people would cheer "Cra-zy Ber-to" to me. haha.

Love,
Berto