So this past week has been interesting... Rather than traveling to Montana to teach music to kids like I'm used to doing in the summer, I had my first week of the summer scholarship program I'm doing down at the U... Honestly, I'd rather be teaching music, but it wasn't awful. By that I mean it could be worse. I could have 0 interest in the stuff we're learning, and the girls could all be mean. But... most of the girls are really cool, and I spent the last week learning about math's place in cryptography and historical ciphers and stuff. There were still boring parts, but cryptography is pretty cool.
Yesterday was such a great day!! First, I got to see two of my friends from Mississippi that I haven't seen for about a year. We just talked for a while and then went shopping for father's day presents. It was really great to see them, I didn't think I'd be able to.
When they left for the airport, I came home and walked around my neighborhood with G to look at the different garage sales. It was so cool, I bought an old ladies crazy retro dress, scarf, and sweater for three dollars!! Woohoo! The dress looks quite ridiculous... but I'm going to do some cutting and sewing, and it'll end up looking great. I also bought a five dollar shelf for my room, and G bought a freaking sweet elephant hook thing that you could hang a coat on or something.
Then G and I went to try a new cafe that had fabulous paninis! Seriously, a little pricey, but so delicious.
When G went to work, Jeb came over and we went with my mom to get pedicures, which is always nice. Then I went with Jeb to Provo to pick up her father's day gift. We ended up going to Best Buy (dangerous) and buying movies and music. I got an Anberlin album with lots of acoustic stuff, as well as demos and covers. Also I got Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut (far better) and V for Vendetta. Awesome! Jeb got Young Love and Paris Je T'aime, which is wonderful. We then wandered through Barnes and Noble and Pier 1, smelling candles and stuff. When we were going to leave, we realized there was this huge event going on that looked something like a parade and carnival, so we parked, walked over, and watched a random parade! Lol, it was great. We were both very hungry, so we drove home and went to Dairy Keen. I had a ranch burger, which, for those who know me, I haven't had in over two years. It was delicious! Also, and oreo shake... always good. Then Jeb, or should I say beanhead, and I went and laid out on my tramp just talking and laughing, laughing, laughing. And then G came back home :) It was such a wonderful, random, satisfying day.
Lerve You.
5 comments:
OFFICIAL COOL STATUS IS PRESENTED TO:
MORGAN "hot legs" BROWN
Tish
Wow. Everything sounds wonderful. Yay for random parades and ranch burgers.
Love, Randalynn
Oh gosh, ranch burgers rock.
During Science Day at the U last November, I definitely went to a cryptography presentation. It was really interesting stuff, for sure. I have always considered that as a profession, actually...
And by the way, that sounds like a wonderful day. You should include Berto in one of those days soon. :)
Love,
Berto
you definitely should check out my blog.. nowish. there is a nice little blog dedicated to you.
Love love
Tish-ey-poo
hey i just wanted to pop in and say hi! remember when I saw you at smiths like two days ago? Well thats all really!
Post a Comment