Saturday, May 10, 2008

Marvelous Things

I went to an Eisley concert on Thursday!! It was awesome, I was right against the stage, so close that I could occasionally feel a blast of air on my face from Weston hitting the bass drum :) I also got their set list off the stage. It was crazy, I was pretty sure before I went that I knew all their music, but apparently they have a super old ep or something, because I was surprised when they played a couple songs I didn't know. The only downers for the night were that they didn't play Brightly Wound or Trolleywood and that I still don't have Weston's signature on my Eisley shirt! 4 out of 5 band members just really isn't working for me.

Also, the bands that opened for them were pretty good, Vedera and The Myriad. I really, really liked Vedera. It's interesting, because the singer has a kind of high, very young sounding voice, borderline whiny I guess is how to describe it. I hate saying it like that though because it makes it sound negative, but it was really beautiful to listen to her sing and to watch her too, in a not weird way, lol. Her jaw line and cheek bones were just very pretty to look at while she was singing her heart out.

Last night I went with Grant, his friend and his friend's "friend" to fly kites in a park. Grant's friend had a big fancy kite, and Grant and I had friend's mom's kite, which turned out to be missing the little stick that goes across it to hold the wings out to catch the wind. Grant started putting it away, no one thought it was any good. I was feeling particularly inventive though, and walked around until i found a branch laying on the ground. I broke off a stick from it, stripped it and stuck it in the kite. It wasn't perfect, but it flew, and that's all that mattered.

Just watching the kites against a gray-blue sky while laying on the grass is quite a nice thing to do. It makes you feel like you're all by yourself, witnessing magic.

No comments: