Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Crooked Creek

Ok, so my life wasn't threatened...but my entry to the Death Cab for Cutie concert was so I guess I should most definitely blog. I am alive!! So this past week, I went to Young Life camp. It was sooooooo much fun! The one thing that could have made it better is if I wasn't worried about stuff back home...but it was still amazing! My days were filled with crazy activities such as volleyball tournaments, horseback riding, swimming, hiking, mountain luging, go-carting, high ropes courses, going down banana slides and off the BLOB into the lake, kayaking, battling a late night obstacle course in the mud, and so much more. Plus the food was awesome, the people were awesome, and the view was breathtaking. The best part of all is that all four guys in my group accepted the Lord, as well as many people I didn't know!! It makes me so happy! The passion that the entire work crew had for serving God and sharing his love was way cool. They weren't even getting paid, yet they cooked, cleaned, and served us with the hopes that those who didn't know God would turn to Him. I want to go volunteer for a month next summer! I've gotten so excited recently about serving the Lord. Right now I'm praying for the opportunity to go work in an orphanage in Guatemala for a week over Christmas break. If I don't ever return...you'll know it's because I got attached to the kids, jk! But yeah, that's what has been going on for me recently, just an amazing camp where I had yet another opportunity to grow closer to my Saviour, Jesus Christ!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

voila! a blog! haha. that all sounds amazing. haha. about how i felt about EFY. completely amazing!

Roberto Lerma said...

haha sure they don't threaten YOUR life...but that camp sounds really fun, especially the blob part, i've been wanting to try one of those since i saw the movie Heavyweights. well i'm glad you had fun and i hope you get to go to Guatemala cause that would be awesome for you.

-berto

Hannah said...

norgan brown. i'm starting to wonder why you only comment on jennifer's blog anymore. hmmm... i guess we know who your FAVORITE friend is. i see how it is..... haha. jk. i love you, norgan brown!

Kelsey said...

morgan i miss you!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

blog more! lol. i can say things like that, I'm the "blog nazi." *Note the bitterness.