Friday, July 07, 2006

Fond Memories of a Day At Work...

So the mall is always way slow in the morning, and since everyone just ate breakfast, the few people who are there don't want any candy. It was no fun just sitting there on my little chair with nothing to do (I did go get something to drink, and yes Jeb, coffee guy was there). Anyway, when I'm bored I people-watch, basically because people are interesting and working in a mall means I get to see all types. Here are some of the funnier things I saw/experienced.

So... story number one: A mother and her 2 daughters walk in carrying presents like they are heading to a birthday party. Right as I was thinking to myself how cute they were and many other random things, the oldest little girl covers her mouth, taps her mom on the arm and....pukes all over the floor! The mom takes the colorful tissue paper out of the presents and starts wiping puke up from the girl, the floor, everything. And what do I do? I walk up and tell them where the nearest bathroom is and then walk back to the coffee place, get a water, and give it to the girl. I'm thinking that's why they bought so many strawberries...

Story 2: There's this Israeli guy who worked in the mall last year who would buy me grapes and stuff and he's back in town for the summer. He conveniently happened to walk 45 minutes to the mall and showed up right when I got off to go eat lunch. He also conveniently ate at the same place I did and hung around for a long time while I was working. Great.

Story 3: There was this really cool couple that were fun to talk to. The girl was buying a caramel apple for her dad because she had a dream the night before that he died, and she wanted to celebrate the fact that he wasn't actually dead. Her boyfriend said she bought a watch for her ex-boyfriend for the same reason. I'm pretty sure he was joking. Then she got a text that he said was probably from some boyfriend he didn't know about. I told him he seemed kind of scared. He said he was a little paranoid (also a joke). I said he should use it against her and make her buy him some chocolate to prove her love. He pretty much offered me a job because I'm supposedly a good salesperson. Turns out he wanted me to work at that weird hotdog place with the funny uniforms. No thanks.

That's about all I have to say right now. I promise that's not all that's going on in my life, but that's all I feel like putting on here, so yeah...

Morgan

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

People watching is fantastic! lol lots of fun. and i would be flattered if israeli guy were stalking me!

Morgan said...

He's not bad looking... haha, but no thank you. maybe you and hannah should mysteriously happen to be shopping at the mall next thursday... not like i'm working or anything... if you need me to be any more obvious let me know. :)

Kelsey said...

haha morgan. those are amazing people watching stories. people watching is sooo much fun. except when it can you get in trouble. haha no good.

Hannah said...

haha. "maybe thats why she bought so many strawberries..." you're such a dork. and i mean that in the best way possible! :) after all, we ARE fammy. and i ALSO woudln't complain if a not bad looking israeli guy was stalking me. especially if he bought me lunch. that'd just be cool. lol.

Hannah said...

Dear Norgan Brown:
Are you stil alive? you havne't blogged in a few weeks. I think you need to. just so we know if you're alive or not. because if you're not alive, we better start trying to sell your death cab ticket to someone cute... like orlando bloom... or johnny depp.... i bet they like death cab....